Monday 10 January 2011

Day 64

Happy New Year!
Wow it’s been a while since I last updated this – but I kind of got side tracked with festivities and flu! So, let’s see, what’s happened since the last time...
Derek bought me a Kindle for Christmas. Up until recently I’ve been a little bit on the fence about whether I wanted to embrace e-books or not – but I have to admit, I’m loving my Kindle! As well as being so compact and nice to hold, it’s going to save my bookshelf (which is already bursting at the seams) from being stuffed with even more books, so it’s a total winner.
The first e-book I bought was Stephen King’s On Writing. It was a great book – and it seems to have given me the kick up the arse I needed!
Currently I’m working on chapter 3 of Slippery Souls. There are 17 chapters in total, so there’s still a long slog ahead – it’s coming together slowly but surely though. I’m aiming for a late June completion date – that is, completed enough to be sent off for proofreading. Therefore I’d like chapter 3 to be completed by the end of this week, if possible – I predict lots of late nights!
As for other writing projects – I received some positive feedback from my writing course tutor regarding my Slippery Souls prologue, first chapter and synopsis – which was a huge relief! I’ve also been knocking out some short stories, submitting them to magazines and e-zines. And thanks to the Easington Writer’s group that I attend each week, my motivation and inspiration seems to be going crazy.
Anyway, that’s all the latest news so I’ll plod on – this chapter isn’t going to write itself!

2 comments:

  1. I bought myself a Kindle for Christmas - the best thing I've ever bought and I love it!

    Did you know there are hundreds of free books available for download too? Start off on Amazon and also you can try a Google search for 'free e-books'.

    Good luck with your writing - I find myself distracted most of the time and hardly ever get any writing done - I am going to look for the Steven King book now, perhaps that will motivate me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Zimzamzim

    Yeah I've been downloading some of the free ebooks on Amazon - some pretty good stuff available.

    Are you writing a book?

    ReplyDelete