Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Day 143

I attended a client presentation on Monday morning at Cleveland College of Art & Design for the design of my book jacket. All fifteen of the students explained their ideas and then presented me with their final designs - it was all very exciting. I then spent the rest of Monday and all of Tuesday deliberating over which design to choose. It was a tough decision – but I’ve finally made up my mind, and am confident I’ve made the right decision. So now I need to arrange to go back to the college to discuss tweaking the design slightly in order to finalise it.
The cover I’ve gone with has a very contemporary feel – stark white with an abstract image to the bottom right of the jacket in cool blue/turquoise. I love the cleanness of the white and how striking it looks against the daring explosion of colour. It should look very dynamic and eye-catching on a bookshelf J
As for the actual book, I have two chapters left to complete before operation Second Draft commences, so I’m really eager to get the first draft wrapped up! It’s usually common to have to do some serious culling during the second draft, slimming the word count down by as much as 10% - but I’m afraid I’m not part of the culling clan. I’ve never been one for adding lots of descriptive prose in the first instance, so I need to go back and add LOTS MORE description – having said that, I’m really looking forward to getting my teeth into the dressing it up version.
And on that note, I’m off to begin my penultimate chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment