Sunday 15 May 2011

Day 189

Well I’m not in the most creative of moods today because I’m nursing the most evil hangover, (obviously self inflicted, so I don’t expect any sympathy), so I thought the least I could do was update my blog for the week...because I’ll be doing very little else in the way of writing.
Chapter 7 of Slippery Souls is just about complete in its second draft form, so I’ll be cracking on with chapter 8 tomorrow. I really need to quicken my pace and get my skates on if I’m to get this book published by the end of summer, so I’m hoping to edit a chapter a day from now on. That should take me to the middle of June for the completion of the second draft *fingers crossed*
I’ve got a collection of short stories and poems ready for the Easington Writers Group anthology, which is hopefully set to be launched in July. And I have a poem called First Shift ready to be read out at the Easington Welfare Hall on 29th May, where a commemoration of the 60th anniversary of the Easington pit disaster will take place. I’m sure it will be nerve wracking stuff getting up to read in front of so many people, but hey, there’s a bar so I’ll be able to grab some Dutch courage beforehand J
Right, off to find some paracetemol for this monster headache...

No comments:

Post a Comment