Monday 28 February 2011

Day 113

Sixteen chapters completed – almost halfway there (as far as the first draft is concerned anyhow).
And things are getting really exciting, because Cleveland College of Art & Design are doing a live project for the cover of Slippery Souls – which starts this week! I’m popping along to the college on Friday for an informal meeting with the tutor and the graphic design students – so I’ll be doing a little prep work beforehand in case they have any questions.
I’ve also been busy working on some short stories to include in the second Easington Writers Group anthology, which will be published later this year – so watch this space. The first Easington Writers Group anthology, Shrugging Off The Wind: Tall Tales from Easington Writers, was published in February 2010 and is a cracking compilation of short stories and poems based around the Easington area. Well worth a read if you can get your hands on a copy. I’m honoured to be a part of their second book.
Also, as part of the Easington Writers Group, I’ve been working on a poem this week – as part of a project which is to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the Easington pit disaster. I’ll post more information about this as and when I have it.
And as for my Writers Bureau 17th Assignment – I’m well and truly procrastinating! I have to firstly write a 1600 word short story suitable for radio transmission – and then develop the short story into a fifteen minute radio play. Not sure what to write about yet – so I’ll keep thinking on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment