Monday 4 July 2011

Day 239


I’m a gnat’s cracker away from having the second draft of Slippery Souls finished now – I’m currently working through chapter 36 (so about 2 and a half left to go!) Admittedly, I should have had it completed by now – but I got held up over the weekend by all this weird, bright, warm stuff called sunshine. 

I’ve heard the weather is meant to change drastically as of tomorrow, and we’ll be inundated with rain – so I guess I’ll have plenty time to get my fingers into a frenzy then.

Not all my time in the sun has been spent slacking though – I’ve trawled through my new copy of Writers and Artists Yearbook and have got a long list of publishers and agents, suitable for the urban fantasy genre, written down.

My auntie has very kindly offered to act as a beta reader for me, which I’m actually quite nervous about – because it’ll be the first time anyone has read any of it! Hopefully, she’ll point out any cock-ups kindly and lovingly though!

Other exciting news is that I’ve had a short horror story of mine called Church Fate (inspired by a local church and vicar) accepted into Static Movement’s Summer Thrills Anthology. It’s a non-paying piece, but I reserve all rights on my work, and when the anthology is published it will be sold on Amazon. Not long after I had Church Fate accepted, I also had Dempsey’s Demons accepted for their Sowing the Seeds of Love Anthology. So I’m more than happy that two of my shorts will be circulating in a couple of American anthologies.

Hopefully, I intend on joining the local community centre’s committee – to try and generate some interest and awareness there. I’ve already contacted the local press and the deputy editor said he is more than happy for me to send in features...so more on that soon, all going well.

And as for the Durham Light Infantry Museum’s glass trombone event, well that creeps ever closer and I’m seriously petrified now. I’ll be performing on Friday night alongside the other Easington Writers, and I’ll be using my poem Dirty Phone Call. Our rehearsals are taking place earlier that very day, and I believe I am up last on the set...*my heart’s already going like the clappers* I’ll be sure to give a full account on the event here next time.

I’ve updated my travel blog with a trip account of Amsterdam, which is called Sun, Sea & Sex – and it can be found here: http://rachaelhdixonstravels.blogspot.com/ But I intend on adding more shortly, with a write up of a day trip to Blackpool – so watch out for that also.

That’s about all of my news for this week, so wish me luck for Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment