Monday 18 July 2011

Day 253


It’s all quiet on the Slippery Souls front – dropped my manuscript off at my auntie’s over the weekend, so now I just wait for her verdict.

I went to the Transporter Bridge in Middlesbrough with half of the Easington Writers Group on Thursday. We had a trip over on the bridge, then had a wander round to the Temenos sculpture – and watched a seal in the water rip the head off a massive fish. He looked quite pleased with himself. I’ve written a poem called Distracted, which I will enter into the Listen Up North competition.

Whilst I now have a little bit of leeway, in regards to work on Slippery Souls at a standstill for the time being, I hoped to get on with some coursework – but alas, I think I may have gone absolutely stark raving mad...I’ve started on a new novel idea! It’s a bit of an experiment in all honesty. Slippery Souls seems to have taken lots and lots of time and planning to get to this stage – so this time I want to try hammering away at my new idea with only minimal planning to see where that gets me. Oh, and I’m aiming to have it finished by the end of August. Ambitious? Probably. Do-able? Yes, I reckon so. I took part in the National Novel Writing Month back in November 2009 and managed to write 50,000 words in one month. So in just over a month, I’m hoping to have 80,000 words. I’m happy to see where it takes me anyway. It’s not in the same genre as Slippery Souls – and I reckon the only way to describe my new novel idea Monday is chick lit perhaps. 

I have a new travel report on my Rachael’s Travels blog called Rachael Meets Rameses II, which can be found here: http://rachaelhdixonstravels.blogspot.com/2011/07/rachael-meets-rameses-ii.html

Well, I’d better go and get typing. It’s Monday morning, and Monday calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment