Monday 5 September 2011

Day 302

My sister-in-law, Hannah, is going through Slippery Souls in instalments – I’ve sent her the first ten chapters. Last I heard, she was up to chapter five and she said that she was really enjoying it, phew! I only hope she enjoys the other thirty three chapters too!
I haven’t yet made any progress on the front cover, and that’s mainly because I’ve been too busy writing up some short stories – stuff I’d started ages ago and never got round to finishing (all horror). I’d love to write a horror novel, (you know, proper scary psychological stuff), but I can never think of an idea that would stand the pace for a whole book. One of these days I’m hopeful that I’ll be struck with an idea though…hopefully sooner rather than later!
I’m thinking for my new novel Monday I’d like a front cover in the style of Gil Elvgren’s work (I’m a massive fan of his pin-up girls), though I gave all of my painting equipment away – and besides, I’m not quite sure whether I could emulate his work that well really, hmmm, we’ll see. On the other hand, I was also contemplating submitting it to an unpublished novel competition like the one being ran by mslexia – though I might be taking on too much then, because I’d need the second draft ready by the end of next month. Maybe I need to put Monday on the backburner for a while – or maybe I need to grab the bull by the horns and work 24x7 for the next month to get it submitted…
Answers on a postcard please J

No comments:

Post a Comment