Monday 22 August 2011

Day 288


Hooray, my auntie has finished reading Slippery Souls! Her verdict was that she needs to point out one or two things to me, but overall she enjoyed it and was touched by a particular scene in the book. So that wasn’t as daunting as I’d expected. 

I do feel as though I need to get my skates on a bit with things though – I’d love for it to be published by December so that I could have a launch party just before Christmas (hopefully making it an ideal Christmas gift idea for people) ...and especially if I get it onto Kindle in time for Christmas, that would be pretty cool. But time is ticking, so I need to be quick!

Monday is coming on well too – I’m about 45k words into the first draft. There are five more chapters to go, which hopefully shouldn’t take too much longer.  

All going well, Easington Writers are meeting up with a local publisher (Connoisseur Crafts in Hartlepool) early next month to discuss publishing our next anthology – this will be an excellent opportunity for me to get some details for self publishing my own books too. Yes, I’m back to the original idea of self-publishing!

I have a new travel report on my travel blog, called Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo – Sun, Sea, Sand & Skinny-dipping. It’s in the usual place: rachaelhdixonstravels.blogspot.com

Ok, I have ridiculous amounts of work to do – so without further ado, I’m going to go and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment