Tuesday 27 December 2011

Day 415

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. Mine was great, and Santa was especially good to me! A whole load of Estee Lauder make-up, which will probably see me into 2013 (providing the abrupt ending of the Mayan calendar doesn’t signify the end of days for us), a bottle of my favourite perfume and a Christmas jumper are to name a few of the things he brought me.  And I think I drank enough cava on Christmas day to sink a ship. Good times!
There’s no news on Slippery Souls as yet – Feed A Read don’t start operating again until 4th January, so it’s still just a waiting game for now (which is fine by me!)
In the meantime, I couldn’t resist having a practice run with publishing on Kindle. I uploaded a short story called Indefinite Fear, and it’s currently on sale for 86p (I would have listed it cheaper, but 75p was the lowest I could go – then plus VAT it knocked it up to 86p). I have made it very clear on the listing that it’s a short story of 1700 words though, so hopefully nobody will purchase it under the impression that it’s a full length novel (or even a novella). But if you do like short, dark stories then please give it a go – and feel free to leave a review, if you have a spare minute or two – it all helps this budding writer J

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Indefinite-Fear-ebook/dp/B006P0M2IW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325111558&sr=8-1

Anyway, the whole Kindle process was very straight forward and easy to do – so I feel a lot more confident now about formatting Slippery Souls. Should maybe take me a few hours at most to do.
I haven’t really got any other news to speak of – so I think I’ll go and crack open a few bottles of Stella, graze on some nibbles and see what books I can download to my Kindle for some quality reading time. And I’ll speak to you all again in the new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment